Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

School Changes

For libraries in schools I think that there should be rooms "rented" out for a certain period of time for projects.  This would keep the library quiet while others who need to talk can without disturbing others.

I think school should start 9AM - 3PM because when we had school delays for MCAS I was very refreshed in the morning because I had more sleep.  I wasn't stressed out before school trying to get ready because I barely overslept.

I think there should be more time in between classes because some students, like me, have classes not only on different floors, but on other ends of the school as well.  Sometimes I am a few minutes late going from a gym class to Geometry etc.  I'm also sometimes late going from History Hall to Spanish which is near the gym.  That is the most difficult to get to because it is first period and early in the morning so I don't walk very fast. 

I think seniors should have the privilege to go off campus for lunch because there are stores so close to our school and a majority of people can drive.  Obviously their would be rules and regulations but if they were followed I think they would be fun.

I'm happy Burlington is going 1:1 because it is a pain carrying around books all day.  Books sometimes fall in different directions and so do writing utensils.  Teachers and students get annoyed when other students don't have extra school supplies causing them to rely on others.

I think that the school should go entirely cashless because sometimes I get extremely thirsty and I have no money.  It is difficult going through the day being thirsty and I certainly don't like the taste and temperature of the water bubbler.

I think there should be more field trips in the school year because I think it makes students excited about something and makes them want to go to school.

If I could make up one elective class it would be strategic thinking.  Since schools usually teach students there is "only one answer and one way of solving it", I think that teachers could have a class teaching how to solve "games".  I think their should teach how to do cryptoquotes, sudoku, rubix cubes etc.  I think many adults would think that students won't be learning anything, but I think it would teach students to think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment