Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Anti-American National Anthem

At the Super Bowl 45, Christina Aguilera completely missed a line while singing the National Anthem in front of millions of people.  Not only will this affect her career, but she will be degraded by many comedians and the media.  She will have many labels for her mistake and many people will never forget it, especially because it is plastered all over the internet.  


I am surprised that she made such a large mistake considering how much she must have rehearsed.  I realize how many times she may have practiced singing that song because I did the same thing for my cheering routines, it is very tedious work.  As her and I are both performers, we are taught not to show on our faces that we had made a mistake which she did very well on doing.  It also surprises me that the National Anthem is sung quite often at sporting events etc. that she would forget the lines when a large majority of Americans can sing it without thinking about it.  I think she realizes how big of an impact her mistake had on her career and she should have took that into consideration.  But personally, I think she was over thinking the song by the way she dragged out the notes.


But people also have to consider that she was singing for millions of people and she must have been nervous.  People must also realize that everyone makes mistakes, but the average person's mistake is not plastered online and mocked.  Mistakes are learning experiences and everyone makes them at one time or another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment