Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What NOT to Post on Facebook

Here's 13 things not to post on facebook!
Opinions:
1. I think that it's crazy that people are able to guess your social security number by birthplace and birthdate.
2. I think that websites ask for too much information about people's personal lives.  Some people don't know that this can be shared with people you may not want knowing.
3. I would hope that someone doesn't post their adress on facebook.  I see that as pretty much asking to get robbed or kidnapped.
4. Like my mom always says, don't tell anyone that your going away until you come back from the trip.  Referring back to number three, if people know your adress and that you aren't home, you're pretty much asking for trouble.
5. Short trips away from home I'm suprised at.  Usually when I'm gone for a few hours there is always someone home.  Also, I don't think someone would try to rob your house if you are only going to be gone for a few hours because I think stealing a large television would take a while to get out my front door.
6. Inappropriate pictures obviously don't belong on facebook.  If it is something that you think might haunt you later than it shouldn't be published.  There are "flags" and reports for pictures.
7. No one should post confessions as their statuses.  No one really cares if it doesn't affect them.  Whatever you say can be saved and used against you later.
8. Obviously phone numbers shouldn't be given out.  If someone on facebook wants to have your number they can just ask for it.
10.  When it comes to your child/ren on facebook I think it is up to the parent.  I think it is ok to post pictures and have tags if the privacy settings are being set appropriately.
11. I think its terrible that health insurance companies creep on what dangerous activity you have been doing and over charge you for higher risk.
12. If you post pictures of the inside of your house is a definite no because, like above opinions, it is asking for someone to rob you.  If your saying you're not going to be home and people already know what they inside of your house looks like, it can make them quicker and more efficient to steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment