Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Gmail Motion

Gmail Motion started as an April Fools prank but soon turned into reality.  Using a camera, you can use body movement to stand for words or actions.  I think it is amazing that they can come out with this technology.  It would be great for those who have lost parts of their hands and cannot type.  It would also be great for special needs people to be able to communicate through the Internet.  It would also be easier to communicate rather than typing because some people type slowly.

Right now I am reading a book called Brain Jack by Brian Falker which is about a headset that can pick up brain waves and control your computer through thinking.  Even though I haven't gotten far into the reading, I know that the computer is going to use this information for its own use because it can now read your mind.

I know that since this isn't hooked up to your brain, I still think it's amazing that science fiction books can be so close to reality.  After reading this book, I might be afraid to wear a head set WHEN it comes out.  I might also be afraid that the camera may look off, but it might actually stay on and record me.  If something like this can be made, than a headset that is able to read your thoughts certainly can be invented.

No comments:

Post a Comment